As a hardware technician, your day to day will be a combination of assembling our proprietary hardware, traveling across the country to install our hardware at golf courses, sports venues, parks and other locations, and servicing our fleet of hardware units. as necessary.
Mar. 15, 2022 3:30 pm
Deadline for application
Apr. 15, 2022 5:00 p.m.
The weather in Perry
Our fast-growing weather safety platform is trusted by thousands of users in school districts, cities, universities, golf courses, and other industries. We are one of the fastest growing technology companies in North Texas. Our connected hardware and software enable quick decision-making for organizations facing the threat of disruptive weather: How long can I wait to get players off the field for the upcoming storm? How should I modify activities to prevent heat stress injuries? When can runway operations safely resume? How can I be sure that my staff adhere to a climate policy?
As a hardware technician, you will play a critical role in the growth of Perry Weather. You are often the first impression in person of Perry Weather for new customers.
Your day to day will be a mix of assembling our proprietary hardware, traveling across the country to install our hardware at golf courses, sports venues, parks and other locations, and servicing our fleet of hardware units as needed.
IN THIS JOB YOU:
- To assemble our proprietary hardware at our office located in the Design District area of Dallas. While we don’t require an electrical or engineering background, we hope you’ll quickly learn and understand key concepts as we teach you what you need to know. This will be approximately 50% of its function.
- install on pc and Service our hardware units at a variety of locations across the country. We will take you to those places and you will usually spend about 2 nights out each week. This will be approximately 50% of its function.
- Use hand, power and power tools while assembling hardware units
- Work outdoors at height on rooftops and in elevators in most weather conditions for extended periods; climbing ladders up to 50 feet and repeatedly lifting/carrying/elevating heavy equipment
- Create Perry Weather’s first impression in person for new customers while installing your hardware units – work with your on-site contact, answer questions and show them how their new hardware works together with our software platform.
- Track and manage inventory in the store and in company vehicles
- Always make sure safety is the top priority
WHAT IS IT HARDWARE IN PERRY’S TIME?
We are the modern platform for weather safety: software and hardware that work seamlessly together to protect thousands of people every day. We have two main types of hardware:
- outdoor warning systems are mounted to be visible and audible in the near area, with a strobe light and speakers for a siren and text-to-speech messages
- weather stations They are typically mounted in conjunction with our outdoor warning systems and provide our customers with camera images and site-specific weather conditions in real time.
You don’t need to know anything about the weather or our hardware to join our team as a hardware technician. We will teach you everything you need to know!
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions and solve problems without supervision
- Availability to travel more than 2 days a week
- Clean driving record and criminal background check
- No fear of heights – will often climb ladders onto rooftops and use aerial lifts to set up over 50 feet
- Note: This is a full-time salaried position, and you are expected to work at least 40 hours per week with the possibility of more depending on travel schedules
For more details