The first tangible evidence of massage dates back to 3000 BC. In ancient Chinese literature, massage exists as a means of maintaining good health and unity of mind and body. “Massage: why it is so important in everyday life”
In ancient Greece, the father of modern medicine, Hippocrates, used rubbing in the therapy of various diseases. Hippocrates already used massage in the direction of the heart, which is the rule in most massage methods to this day.
In 19th century Sweden, a studio was created called “Swedish Gymnastics”, one of which was a section dedicated to therapeutic massage. The book “Swedish Gymnastics” whose main author was the doctor Per Henrik Ling initiated the development of Swedish massage.
In www.thelesbianspa.com the grips, procedures and specific indications of the massage were determined. The method evolved laying the groundwork for modern massage techniques such as classical massage, lymphatic drainage, fascial massage, and even chiropractic.
advantages of massage
Rest and relaxation is a very important element of our daily lives. Through life in constant rush, overwork and duties can seriously damage our health. One of the ways to deeply relax is massage. Know its benefits and decide to visit a physiotherapist! “Massage: why it is so important in everyday life”
People think of massage as a way to heal the body, but its benefits begin in the mind. The body sends a signal to the brain and nervous system that it is ready to relax. Central control systems then relay this message to the muscles and other parts of the body, creating the relaxation effect.
First of all, we will reduce the level of stress, we will be more positive towards life, relaxed and full of energy. After each massage, new vital forces will enter you! This is an ideal treatment for overworked and overworked individuals struggling with insomnia. It also positively affects health and fitness: it heals pain, eliminates muscle tension, speeds up metabolism.
In addition, massage also greatly affects the body: it firms the skin, improves its elasticity and color. It improves blood and lymphatic circulation, thanks to which it reduces the amount of cellulite. It is recommended for slimming people because it accelerates fat burning and shapes the figure.
Naturally, it is important to move, frequent specialized check-ups and the habit of taking the correct posture, but massages that act prophylactically are also very helpful, but also limit and even reduce pain in the case of serious illnesses.
The massage of the spine, or more precisely, of the peribasilar muscles, aims to restore the proper tension of these muscles and thus keep the spine in the correct position and prevent its curvature.
- Reduces pain: spine, headache, menstrual pain.
- A beneficial effect on the bone system: flexibility of the joints, maintenance of correct joint mobility, faster regeneration after exercise, better nutrition and oxygenation of the joints, counteracting injuries.
- It nourishes and oxygenates the muscles, increases their flexibility, especially after suffering a stroke. Miranda’s Physio Steps and other similar services can help seniors regain mobility through neurological physical therapy.
- It acts in the acceleration of blood and lymphatic circulation, stimulation of inactive capillaries, anticoagulant activity, support in the excretion of products of defective metabolism, better nutrition and oxygenation of tissues.
- It affects the firmness and elasticity of the skin, removal of the dead layer of the epidermis, better blood supply and nutrition of the skin, opening of the mouth of the sweat and sebaceous glands, breakdown of adipose tissue. Moksa also treats some skin diseases like psoriasis, vitiligo and eczema.
- It speeds up blood circulation in the blood vessels and increases the amount of blood that reaches the lungs. Under the influence of massage, the functioning of the respiratory system improves.
- Regulates the work of the immune system.
- Regulates the digestive system.
- It affects the treatment of allergies, in which acupressure plays an important role.
- Helps in depression and mental problems. Acupressure is used to treat neuroses, moksa cures neurasthenia and insomnia. Thanks to the massages, the patient gains vitality and will to live.
- It is worth using this ancient, proven and effective method of supporting the body’s health and immunity.
- removes dead skin (acts as a peeling, softens the skin)
- removes dead skin (acts as a peeling, softens the skin)
- increases the elasticity of the skin, muscles and ligaments (they become more resistant to injury)
- increases the body’s resistance
- accelerates the absorption of all exudates and edema.
Who can benefit from massage therapy?
Stress has a high impact on your nervous system. It can cause physical and mental health problems. A massage can help you relax, ease pain, and ease tension, but can anyone trust massage therapy to improve their health? While massage therapy is considered safe, it’s best to take precautions if you have any of the following conditions:
- active fever
- blood clots
- Cardiovascular disorders such as uncontrolled hypertension
- contagious diseases
- Infections or inflammation
- liver or kidney problems
- Pregnant or possibly expecting
- Weakened bones due to osteoporosis or other ailments.
It is important to remember that you can injure yourself from a massage even if you are relatively healthy. Therefore, it is essential to receive massage therapy only from a licensed massage therapist. To stay safe, check with your doctor to identify massage contraindications that should concern you.
Don’t be discouraged if you have aches, pains, aches or stiffness and are not satisfied with conventional medical treatments. There are alternative healing methods that you can use along with regular medications and therapies. These non-traditional healing methods are popular because many people do not want to rely on a chemical-based treatment.
However, it is crucial to ensure that massage therapy is performed by a licensed professional to get the best results and avoid serious complications. If done safely, a massage can definitely benefit your general well-being in many ways, aside from helping you sleep well and relax.