The successful candidate must have a passion for winning in severe weather and telling a compelling weather story, even on sunny days.
Apr. 8, 2022 5:00 p.m.
Deadline for application
May 8, 2022 17:00
KWES-TV NewsWest 9 – Tegna
KWES-TV NewsWest 9, an NBC affiliate, is looking for an experienced Meteorologist to join our team. The successful candidate must have a passion for winning in severe weather and telling a compelling weather story, even on sunny days. We are looking for a team player who can help with all aspects of weather, from forecasting to preparing charts and reporting in the field. You must be prepared to forecast weather events including thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail, wind, snow, and ice. We see it all! You will be an integral part of severe weather coverage, reaching our audience not only on television, but also online and on social media. The ideal candidate is accepting of new technologies and willing to explore new ways of presenting the climate story. Another “must have” is understanding the importance of community involvement when speaking at schools and other community functions.
• Provide accurate and compelling weather forecasts in a cross-platform environment
• Produce clean, creative and informative graphics to tell the climate story
• Write, edit and report daily for newscasts and report from the field when needed
• Update the website and engage with viewers on social media platforms every day
• Perform special projects and other tasks as assigned.
• Makes public appearances
• Effectively and positively reflect the season in the community at all times
• Bachelor’s Degree in Meteorology or Atmospheric Sciences Required.
• Minimum of one to three years of experience in the air.
• Demonstrated ability to post forecasts, charts, etc. on various digital media platforms.
• Be available to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays, and fill in as needed.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company serving the greater good of our communities. Across all platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts compelling research, and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of the top 4 affiliate networks in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households in all the country. TEGNA also owns the major multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service.
Anyone with questions can contact:
NewsWest 9 Chief Meteorologist
For more details